Tuesday 26 January 2010

Diet Diary Business

I forgot to mention in my last post that another one of my new years resolutions is to sort out my sleeping pattern and to get up earlier than necessary. For instance this morning I got up at 7:15am to be in uni for 9. I meant to get up at 7am but I had a slight snooze, but anyway. So usually it takes me about 50 mins to get ready including a shower, doing my hair (not properly) and makeup. However this can go up to an hour and a half if I start mucking around reading or watching crap on my laptop. This morning however I decided not to have a shower because my hair looked fine and if I had a shower it would only frizz, and I'm not really doing my make-up at the moment because I have developed some eczema round my eyes (its never happened before so I dunno how the hell I've got it) so to avoid irritating I have been applying minimal make-up. But anyway so I decided to quickly shove my hair up before going downstairs to make a breakfast of cheesy beans on toast so that I didn't get hungry and snack on crap. I then ate it in the living room, drank a cappuccino and glass of orange juice before watching an episode of friends (I got the boxset for Christmas), getting dressed and brushing my teeth. However I knew that this morning my housemate would give me a lift to uni with them so I wasn't in such a rush because I have to leave 15 mins earlier if I'm walking (however I still managed to be late because I was fannying about). But my point being is that because I had extra time this morning to get ready I had enough time to have a cooked breakfast (which is another one of my resolutions - to have a proper breakfast every day), and in theory I would have had enough time to do many other things. Although really I would like to get up 3 hours before I need to be at uni so that I have loads of time to do stuff such as cleaning, washing up, clothes washing, tidying my room, printing off lecture slides, writing up lecture notes, writing a to do list for the day, eating breakfast slowly and not gulping it down etc etc. I also need to drink more water because i think I have drunk about 2 litres in the past 3 days....

But anyway the next and main item on my agenda is to inform you all of this diet diary business. Basically me and my best friend want to look fit. Neither one of us are big but we have a little excess fat around our stomachs, bums and thighs which we would like to get rid of. So I suggested after reading a magazine article I found, that every day we send each other a food and exercise diary listing what we have eaten/ done throughout the day so that somebody else knows exactly what we have eaten/ done and how lazy or good we have been. I like it because it means that if I have a bad day I don't just give up, and I will carry on with it tomorrow. It's also a bit of competition which never hurts but also if the other person has had a really good day then you want to prove to them that you can too.

Me and my friend probably have different things going for us diet and exercise wise. I can cook for myself and onlyI buy the food that I eat therefore my food intake is perhaps a little healthier (well most of the time) than hers simply because I can choose to have boiled potatoes, salad and salmon for dinner where as she may have a spag bol. Yet she benefits much more from the fact that she has managed to wangle free gym membership to the same gym as my other best friend (both live in my home town, which is approximately 170 miles away from my uni) so they can go several times a week together. I however don't have gym membership or a gym buddy to make me go when I don't feel like it, so I have to make do with my stepper that I bought from Sainsburys for £30
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/sport_and_leisure/fitness_equipment/115687164_sainsburys_mini_stepper.html?hnav=4294960280 , and my cruncher thing also from Sainsburys for £6 (although I can't find it on their website). I'm also going to start running in order to train for the race for life in July which I booked onto last night in a moment of madness, but I'll talk about that later.

So anyway, when we first decided to do this we measured each other, weighed ourselves, and took pictures or each other in our underwear to motivate ourselves with. In the photos I look awful so it's bloody good motivation for me - i just looked like i have a really chubby middle half and then skinny ankles and small boobs - not in proportion in the slightest. I may put the photos up with some after shots when I have reached my target size but I'm not sure whether to yet, but below are my measurements anyway, followed by what a topshop size 8 is - my target:

Bust - 33" / 32"
Under Bust - 30.5"
Upper Arm - 11"
Waist - 28" / 25.5"
Hips - 37" / 34"
Bum - 38"
Thigh - 22"

These measurement were done about 3 weeks ago now and I think I have lost around an inch off my hips and waist so far, so we are getting there.

Here is an example of my diet diary anyway just in case you and a friend decide to do it so you have a format to follow:

Saturday 9th January 2010

Target: Fit comfortably into a topshop size 8.

Weight 07/01/10: 9 Stone 2.25 Pounds

Next weigh in date: 7th Febuary 2010 (or as near as possible)

Eaten:
  • Toast with margarine and marmite (yesterday)
  • large bowl of pasta with sweet pepper sauce and 4 rashes of bacon
  • breaded mushrooms with garlic mayo
  • chips with salt, vinegar, and garlic mayo
  • winter berry j2o
  • hot chocolate
  • tea with 2 sweeteners

General Activity Level:
Low/Moderate/High

Exercise Done:
100 step ups on stairs

Measurements on 07/01/10:
Chest - 33"
Under Chest - 30 1/2"
Upper Arm - 11"
Waist - 28"
Hips - 37"
Bum - 38"
Thigh - 22"
Calf - 14"

Next measurement date: 7th March 2010

Additional Comments:
disappointed at self today. Should have eaten a smaller portion of pasta because i was full but felt guilty not eating it so ate more. Wanted to eat the breaded mushrooms so not so disppointed in that but I ate the chips even though I didn't want them. Should have had a jacket potato like I wanted in the first place. Did 100 step ups to make up for bad day slightly. Doubt I have eaten over 2000 calories but it wasn't particularly nutritious food. Will have a better day tomorrow. NEED TO START EATING BREAKFAST!



We just chose to do our weight ins and measurements a certain length of time after our first session, but obviously you can do more if you want, but I don't go home very often so thats why mine are so far away.

Please feel free to join me with my diet diary, and I may start posting them on here so that you can see how I'm doing. But a beach babe body by the summer is definitely where I want to be. Me and a uni friend have agreed to give up chocolate for 2 weeks to get rid of the cravings so thats another thing I'm doing atm.

Speak to you soon anyway. May post something else today too, although I'm not sure what as of yet.

Much Love,

Miss Multiplicity xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment